Generally, we all count the mile stones of our lives. From losing our first tooth to learning to ride a bicycle. We count our first crush, as well as our first date. When a mother as myself has the prvilage of watching the same milestonesof her children's lives, it is absolutely golden.
My eldest, Ashley, had a very important milestone in her life. She. Has learned. To drive. My car, of course. Being fifteen and on the very edge of sixteen, she was able to take the first step of this portion of her life by getting her temporary license. Meaning she has to be supervised, which she has been, she is able to get the practice she needs to obtain her license.
She has been driving me here, there, and typically everywhere. With much enthusiasm and excitement in her system and constantly beaming from her eyes, she is learning quickly and I have to say I am proud of her. Not to mention it is a relief not to have to drive so much myself.
It is the highlight in my life at the moment; watching her grow up so quickly and progress into her deep teenage years on her way to adulthood. I have to say I am happy to be a large part of it all.
Later,
jlc.
Jen -what a lovely post! As the mother of a 14 year old daughter, I know just how you feel!
ReplyDelete